Academic Scholarship Programme
Academic Year of 2024/2025
We are delighted to announce that Meritton is now accepting applications for our prestigious scholarship programme. The scholarship programme is designed to support exceptional secondary students who have demonstrated academic excellence, a passion for learning, and a strong commitment to personal growth. Scholarships of 100%, 50%, and 30% will be awarded to the students.
Meritton British International School is committed to providing a comprehensive education that emphasises Values-based Education programme, academic excellence that meets Cambridge International Curriculum standards, personal development, and a strong sense of community. Starting from August 2024, iGCSE will be offered to students in Year 10.
Who can apply?
- Continuing secondary students in Year 7 and beyond
- New students entering our secondary programme in Year 7 and beyond
- Enrolment by August 2024 for the 2024/2025 academic year
- Documentary evidence of high academic achievement
- Fluent in English
Can an existing student apply?
Any continuing Meritton student entering Year 7 and beyond in the 2024/2025 academic year can apply
Can we get a scholarship if we receive the Pioneer Privilege?
Yes. The scholarship amount will apply to the net tuition fees in such a case where the student qualifies.
Can a New Student Apply?
Yes. Students who have registered for placement in Year 7 and beyond by August 2024 for the 2024/2025 Academic Year may apply.
How Are Student Applications Evaluated?
The Scholarship Committee will evaluate students on the basis of academic achievement, and other evidence supporting a student’s benefit to the school community. Student applicants will be required to:
- Write an Application Letter
- Take an Admission Test (English, Mathematics and Science)
- Attend an interview (shortlisted candidates only)
- Presentation (shortlisted candidates only)
- The school will send the questionnaire to your current school (shortlisted candidates only)
What Information Should I Provide?
You will need to provide your own personal contact details together with the personal details and requested information for the student(s) applying for scholarship in the Scholarship Application Form [Apply Here]
How Is Eligibility for Scholarship Maintained?
Maintaining a scholarship is by:
- Continuous high academic performance throughout the year
- Engaging fully in the life of the school
- Modeling and promoting the school’s values
Should a scholar fall below the expected standards at any time, in the first instance counselling and support will be provided. Should there subsequently be a further decline in standards, then parents, the scholar and the School Principal shall meet to agree strategies for success and set remedial objectives. Should these objectives not be met, the scholarship may be revoked.
What If There Are Special Considerations for a Student?
If you believe there are special considerations for the Scholarship Committee to take into account during their evaluation of an applicant, please do the following:
- Provide your written submission in a letter marked “Confidential” and addressed to “The Scholarship Committee” at email@example.com
- Place a heading of “Special Consideration for Scholarship Applicant” on your letter and please include the name of the applicant
No further correspondence will be entered into.
Scholarship Process Timeline
|March 18th, 2024 at 13.00 – Application deadline
|March 20th, 2024 – Announce candidates eligible for the test
|March 23rd, 2024 – Test
|March 20th, 2024 – Announce candidates eligible for the presentation
|March 29th, 2024 – Presentation
|April 2nd, 2024 – Announce the final results
|April 5th, 2024 – Last day to secure an offered scholarship
How Long Does a Scholarship Last?
A scholarship is valid for an academic year, providing the student receiving the scholarship remains eligible.
Eligibility – age vs year group:
Year 7 – at least 11 years old at the start of the academic year
Year 8 – at least 12 years old at the start of the academic year
Year 9 – at least 13 years old at the start of the academic year
Year 10 – at least 14 years old at the start of the academic year
Applicants are required to provide a cover letter and a reference from their current school (using a reference form provided by Meritton British International School).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend the school of being informed and take part in the following:
- Sit a 90 minute written assessment with challenging questions on Mathematics, English and Science
- Present a prepared speech on a topic chosen by the School
- Interview with the Principal and Secondary Coordinator
What Are The Ranges of Scholarships?
100%, 50%, and 30% of tuition fee