Academic Scholarship Programme
We are delighted to announce that Meritton is now accepting applications for our prestigious scholarship program. The scholarship program is designed to support exceptional lower secondary students who have demonstrated academic excellence, a passion for learning, and a strong commitment to personal growth. Scholarships of 100%, 50%, and 30% will be awarded to the students.
Meritton British International School is committed to providing a comprehensive education that emphasises Values-based Education programme, academic excellence that meets Cambridge International Curriculum standards, personal development, and a strong sense of community. The lower secondary students will be prepared before moving on to our upcoming IGCSE programme (Year 10 – 11) which is in our expansion pipeline for 2024.
Who can apply?
- Continuing secondary students in Year 7 and beyond
- New students entering our secondary programme in Year 7 and beyond
- Enrolment by August 2023 for the 2023/2024 academic year
- Documentary evidence of high academic achievement
- Fluent in English
Can an Existing Student Apply?
Any continuing Meritton student entering Year 7 and beyond in the 2023/2024 academic year can apply.
Can a New Student Apply?
Yes. Students who have registered for placement in Year 7 and beyond by August 2023 for the 2023/2024 Academic Year may apply.
How Are Student Application Evaluated?
The Scholarship Committee will evaluate students on the basis of academic achievement, and other evidence supporting a student’s benefit to the school community. Student applicants will be required to:
- Write an Application Letter
- Take an Admission Test (English, Mathematics and Science)
- Attend an interview (shortlisted candidates only)
- Presentation (shortlisted candidates only)
- The school will send the questionnaire to your current school (shortlisted candidates only)
What Information Should I Provide & Where to Apply?
You will need to provide your own personal contact details together with the personal details and requested information for the student(s) applying for scholarship in the Scholarship Application Form [Click Here] .
Applications are announced on social media and the school’s website on 16th of February 2023.
Eligibility – Age vs Year Group:
Year 7 – at least 11 years old at the start of the academic year
Year 8 – at least 12 years old at the start of the academic year
Year 9 – at least 13 years old at the start of the academic year
Applicants are required to provide a cover letter and a reference from their current school.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend the school within 2 weeks of being informed and take part in the following:
- Interview with the Principal and Secondary Coordinator
- Present a prepared speech on a topic chosen by the School
- Sit a 90 minute written assessment with challenging questions on Mathematics, English and Science
- Successful applicants will be informed within 1 week of all applicants completing the assessments
- The whole process should be completed within 3 weeks of the closing date
- The Principal and School Director will decide whether to award a full or partial scholarship
How Is Eligibility for Scholarship Maintained?
Maintaining a scholarship is by:
- Continuous high academic performance throughout the year
- Engaging fully in the life of the school
- Modeling and promoting the school’s values
Should a scholar fall below the expected standards at any time, in the first instance counselling and support will be provided. Should there subsequently be a further decline in standards, then parents, the scholar and the School Principal shall meet to agree strategies for success and set remedial objectives. Should these objectives not be met, the scholarship may be revoked.
When Is The Deadline for Scholarship Applications?
17th March 2023 at 13:00
Announce candidates eligible for the test:
Applications recieved by 3rd March: 4th March at 14:00 via registered email.
Applications recieved by 17th March: 20th March at 14:00 via registered email.
Applications recieved by 3rd March: 11th March at 9:00.
Applications recieved by 17th March: 25th March at 9:00.
Meritton British International School
How Long Does a Scholarship Last?
A scholarship is valid for an academic year, providing the student receiving the scholarship remains eligible.
Whar Are The Ranges of Scholarships?
100%, 50%, and 30% of tuition fee
Who Can I Contact for More Information?
Please feel free to contact our admissions team by:
Tel: 093 167 9444 (direct number)
Office opening hours: Monday to Friday, 08:00 AM – 17:00 PM *except public holidays